05 April 2010

Yo La Tengo

Prisoners of Love: A Smattering of Scintillating Senescent Songs 1985-2003 [3 disc]     Summer Sun     Today Is the Day



YO LA TENGO translates to "I have it" from Spanish. It's a phrase called out by Hispanic baseball players when fielding a pop fly ball.

Singer/guitar player Ira Kaplan from this New Jersey band got the expression from a book by Roger Angell that he was reading about baseball called The Five Seasons.



Popular Songs
And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out
I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
Painful
Electr-O-Pura
Prisoners of Love: A Smattering of Scintillating Senescent Songs 1985-2003 [3 disc]
I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
Fakebook
Summer Sun
May I Sing with Me
Ride the Tiger
Genius + Love = Yo La Tengo
Upside-Down EP (5 tracks)
Today Is the Day
I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass (vinyl)
Electr-O-Puraa (vinyl)



See new music releases

No comments:

Post a Comment